Most times we find ourselves visiting the vet for one reason or the other. Prevalent amongst such a visit is the loss of weight on our pets.
There is usually a plethora of ways you could fix the issue. One of which involves getting some of the best dog food for gaining weight; this will add some skin to your pets.
Top 5 Best Dog Food For Gaining Weight
- 1 Top 5 Best Dog Food For Gaining Weight
- 2 How Do You Choose The Best Dog Food For Gaining Weight?
- 3 Some Reasons Why Your Dog Might Be Losing Weight
- 4 Consider Adjusting Your Feeding Schedule
- 5 Some Controversies About Dog Food
- 6 Best Dog Food for Gaining Weight Reviews
- 7 Final Words On Best Dog Food For Gaining Weight
How Do You Choose The Best Dog Food For Gaining Weight?
Figuring out what your dog will be eating every day could be a serious issue. I remember when I was still learning the ropes on how to take care of dogs, I was always confused about what to give them, and when to feed, them. I had no idea what I was doing until I decided to get help from the internet.
It was then I got to realize that first, a dog is fed according to its nutritional needs. You feed a dog according to what it needs to grow, at any stage in time. Some of the things that guided me, and it should you too, was the age of the dog, it’s size and breed, how active the dog is, and its natural health conditions.
It is quite easy, choosing the best kind of dog food for your pet. What a dog that is underweight needs is the right kind of nutritional meals. And the first thing to do, when you’re on a search for weight gain dog food, is to find one that adds to the dogs’ lean muscles.
Rather than find fat-filled foods (which has an adverse effect on the dog). Find meal loaded with the nutrient that builds that particular breed of dog up. For some dogs, the required nutrient is protein. For others, it could be the carbohydrate, or minerals, vitamins, or even fat (but it should be given at a controlled rate). Every dog differs.
When you’re also looking for the best dog food for gaining weight, you should not only consider what it offers. But also what it does not have to offer. I hope I haven’t lost you?
An important priority to consider is which product is free from artificial ingredients (what it does not have to offer)? An artificial ingredient, as well as fillers, contains toxic elements that are harmful to the dogs’ well being. Dog foods are made differently, differing in content and quality; so get the best product for your dog.
Finally, before you get any dog food, you feel good for your dog to gain weight, the best idea would be to consult a canine vet. For the best-recommended dog food, for that purpose.
Some Reasons Why Your Dog Might Be Losing Weight
Most often than not, dogs lose weight, if they are sick. For instance, an organ malfunction might affect the appetite of the pet that it might lose weight.
Some of the affected internal organs include the liver, bowel, thyroids, or pancreas. these organs, when affected cause a lot of damage to the dog, One of which is weight loss as well as the loss of appetite.
When you notice these symptoms (weight loss and loss of appetite), the best option for you will be to visit a vet immediately. Because the weight loss is gradual, look for other symptoms like blood in stool, or inactivity, especially for a lively dog. Symptoms like droopy ears and eyes could also or show some signs of sickness (although not in all instances).
Consider Adjusting Your Feeding Schedule
When you create a feeding schedule for your dog, ensure that it encapsulates 3-4 meals a day. This way your dog will find it easier to digest its meal.
But if you can, it is an excellent idea that you feed them every 4 hours, so that they can gain back their body weight in no time. Do not, however, feed them over 6 hours; it has to be less. Meaning, feeding your dogs, every 4 or 5 or 6 hours is good, but nothing more or less.
If less, you’d be overfeeding your dogs, if less, you’d be starving your dogs. This time frame provides for efficient metabolism as well as energy replenishment. Being consistent in this feeding schedule (whichever schedule you pick), will help to maintain dog growth.
Some Controversies About Dog Food
Most of the complaints laid on dog food are the fact that they are grainy and may cause some complications for the dog. Especially about the digestion of the food.
The majority of the public has been led to believe that grain-free dog foods are perfect for your pups. And that it is a bad idea even to consider buying grained dog food for the pet. Although there is some iota of truth in that, one thing we need to bear in mind is that there is some grained dog food that has more than enough nutritional pack ingredients. And they are perfect for the weight gain of your pup or adult dog.
I’m not saying that you should turn a complete blind eye towards the use of grained dog food. But it will be better if you take the time to find some grained dog meals that are good for your dog.
So here are some of our finest dog food that is good for gaining weight and is friendly on the pricing.
Best Dog Food for Gaining Weight Reviews
- The ONLY 5 Star rated performance dog food. Rated by the world's #1 online dog food review site.
- The ONLY Meat Based formula in its class. Unlike other brands which are plant based, Bully Max dog food uses real meat as the #1 ingredient.
- MORE CALORIES than any other formula in its class (535 per cup). When you feed your dog Bully Max high performance dog food, you'll feed up to 50% less food.
- FOR ALL AGES. Bully Max High Performance is suitable for adult dogs and puppies (ages 4 weeks and older).
- Bully Max dog food has NEVER BEEN RECALLED. This is due the triple check system. Bully Max dog food is tested 3 time prior to leaving the manufacturing facility.
This dog food is a product of human-grade high-quality ingredients. That provides enough nutrient that your pup will need to grow strong and healthy. It features high protein content that helps to build your dog, in size, strength, and energy.
The protein content is 30% while the calories in it are only 20%, which supplements the protein. And provides a combo of muscles and energy. One great thing about this dog food is that it is free from corn, and soy. Which is hard to metabolize and digest in the dogs’ stomach.
Another thing you might like about this product is that all the ingredients are natural and very nutritious for the development of your dog.
|The all-natural ingredients make it a healthy choice for your dog||The dog may suffer from skin irritation|
|It has little or no fat in it, which is good for your dog|
|The absence of soy or corn or wheat makes digestion a piece of cake|
|Rich with the amino acid filled meat, that enables muscle development|
- One (1) 37.5 lb. Bag - Purina Pro Plan High Calorie, High Protein Dry Dog Food, 30/20 Chicken & Rice Formula
- Features real chicken as the #1 ingredient
- Contains 30% protein and 20% fat to help fuel metabolic needs and maintain lean muscle
- Amino acids help nourish muscles, including during the crucial time immediately following exercise
- SPORT Performance 30/20 Formula has a new look and product name coming soon. May receive either bag during the transition
Not only does this dog food add weight to the skinny dog; it also provides loads of energy for the dog. It is the human equivalent of energy giving food. This dog food, improves the energy and athletic prowess of the dog, making it more lively than usual. It contains some amount of fat that produces its energy.
It also contains high amounts of protein. Which aids in metabolism, endurance and building muscles.
It also contains a high amount of quality carbohydrate that gives the dog that added energy. That it needs to perform tasks like hunting or even herding.
The dog food goes a long way to promote the general health of the dog. With an active ingredient, the dogs’ immune, and digestive system, as well as its external physique is healthy.
|Contains loads of active ingredient like fat and carbohydrate for weight gain||The dog food seems to contain a minimal amount of fat|
|It also provides energy for the dog|
|It builds the dogs’ muscles, making it bulky|
|It is dry dog food, meaning that it is convenient to eat|
- Formulated without grain, gluten or potatoes, this special formula is ideal as a high-protein, grain-free alternative diet.
- Lean, red meat proteins, like bison meal and beef meal, are highly digestible and rich in balanced amino acids.
- Antioxidant-rich vegetables and fruits, such as peas, blueberries, cranberries, apples, carrots and spinach are important for everyday optimal health. Vitamins, minerals and beta-carotene help maintain your dog's immune system.
- Balanced Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in establishing the lipid barrier of the skin, supporting healthy maintenance of your dog’s skin and coat.
- Packaging is BPA-free, resealable, and 100% recyclable through the Earthborn ReBorn Program.
This dog food is gluten and potato-free special formula dog food. With a high level of protein and is grain-free.
The meat is from lean red meat (bison or bull meat), meaning, that it is very packed with protein. Which works on not only the muscle but also the metabolism process of the dog.
Other vital ingredients of this dog food include; antioxidants, vitamins E & C, and a ton of vegetables and fruits. Blended to make it the healthy dog food, your dog can munch on all day.
The fruit blends of this dog food include blueberries, apples, carrots, cranberries, and spinach. And they help in supporting the immune system of the dog.
|It contains L-carnitine that converts fat to energy in the dog||This dog food is made with low-quality ingredients like eggs and animal fat|
|Omega-6 & 3 acid combine to make a protective barrier on the skin|
|It is glutton and grain-free, providing the right kind of nutrition for the dog|
|Rich in natural ingredients, including fruits and vegetables|
- 12.5 lb. Bag - Purina ONE SmartBlend True Instinct Natural Grain-Free Formula with Real Beef & Sweet Potato Adult Dry Dog Food
- Real beef is the #1 ingredient
- Nutrient-dense, grain-free formula
- Made with 30% protein to help support strong muscles and an active lifestyle
- Made without corn, wheat or soy
This brand of Purina dog food, not only provide a tasty meal for your dog, but it is also very nutritious for them as well. Being made with real beef, the dog food provides the dog with a concentrated amount of protein (30% of protein). Which is of immense help to its growth and development.
It blends other ingredients, also making a meal a balanced one for the young pups to enjoy. This protein also provides some level of energy for it. As well as it is a natural source of glucosamine for developing healthy joints.
What’s even amazing about this product is that it does not contain corn, or soy, or wheat. Which hampers the digestion process of the food in the dogs’ stomach.
|Real beef as a major source of protein||Some users complain that this dog food makes the dogs’ stomach upset|
|Free from artificial ingredients and filler, that is bad for the dog|
|It also is free from corn, soy, and wheat, which is bad for the dog|
|It is grain-free, meaning it wouldn’t affect the dogs’ digestive tract|
- One (1) 24 lb. Bag - Purina Pro Plan SAVOR Grain-Free Shredded Blend Turkey & Chicken Formula Adult Dry Dog Food
- Made with real, high-quality turkey as the first ingredient
- Dual texture of crunchy kibble and tender shredded pieces
- Vitamin A and linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid to support healthy skin and coat
- Alternative sources of carbohydrates made without grain or soy
One of the distinctive ingredients of this dog food is the shredded turkey and turkey in it. Which not only provides an excellent and distinct taste but also is filled with valuable nutrition for your dog.
The dog food is made without any form of preservative or colors and flavors. But yet still provides a great taste and an enjoyable treat for your dog.
The dog is corn-free, by-product-free, soy, and wheat-free. and it provides a healthy alternative for your dogs. It contains linoleic acid and vitamin A (also the omega-6 acid). Which provides a dog with a protective and healthy skin, as well as good eyesight.
The dog food is crunchy and comes in hard kibbles so that your dog will enjoy picking up and playing with its food.
|It comes in kibble shape sizes for easy picks|
|It is wheat, corn and soy free, for easy digestion|
|It is made from shredded turkey and chicken, giving off a distinct taste.|
|It is made without any artificial additive|
Final Words On Best Dog Food For Gaining Weight
Dog food for weight gain should be a necessity for recuperating and depressed dogs. You’d instead want a lively dog, that you can’t keep in a leash, than a dog, who can’t do anything, but lay around in pain and fatigue
The Bully Max High-Performance Super Premium Dog Food is the best on my list. For the very reason that it provides all the nutrients that the dog needs to build itself up. without having to blend any form of artificial products.
The dog food also can give the much need strength your dog will need, and it makes the digestion process a hoot.
Did you like “Best Dog Food For Gaining Weight”? We would greatly appreciate it if you would share this on your favorite social media.
Last update on 2020-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API